Ugh.
I get easily irritated by other people's stupidity. (Lol - I better keep my mouth shut. I excel at stupid moments myself!)
So, This morning I went to the store to get breakfast and I proceeded to check out.
The total is $26.31
Well, I do not have exactly 0.31 cents, and I do NOT want a whole bunch of useless change back. So in my head, I figured how to get 3 quarters back in change. This is perfect, so I can use 2 quarters later to buy a soda from the machine at work.
My plan is brilliant!!! *high five*
I give the cashier $27.06
She stares at me like I'm an idiot. She says "it's 26 thirty-one."
I stare back at her, like she's the idiot. And I say "I know."
And I'm wondering in my head, wtf is she trying to figure out? She has a cash register smack dab in front of her! All she has to do is type-in the amount I give her, and this cash register will tell her how much change to give back. She does not need to mentally process anything! Her confusion is unnecessary!
She stares at me again. Then she stares at the 0.06 cents in her hand. As if the answer will magically appear if she can stare long enough.
But alas, the answer does not appear. So she starts typing into her register.
And she types $26.06!!!
And the register won't close the sale bc it's saying that there's still a balance of 0.25 left!!!
OMG. I try to explain to her what just happened. But it is not clicking!!! She says that I still owe her another 0.25. And I'm telling her that she typed everything wrong and she owes me 0.75!!!
My blood pressure is sky-rocketing at this point
I tell her to re-count the amount I gave her. She counts $27.06. I point out to her that the cash register only reads $26.06. And finally the light bulb goes off!!!
But then she's like, "But I don't know what to do, because the register says that you still owe me 0.25."
I tell her to give me 0.75.
She does so, but without correcting the mistake she typed into the cash register.
I leave.
She's stuck with an open sale on the register.
After I leave I thought to myself my tags are expired and I'm so close to the Police Dept and I say to myself watch a cop pull behind me. And just as I get to the light one did. So I got pulled over LOL and was asked did I know my plates were expired ha ha! Needless to say I did not get a ticket. I don't get tickets I get business cards LOL they always bring my DL, registration, Insurance card back to me with a business card and off to work I went (o_O)
2 comments:
OMG I would have reached across the counter and smacked her!!! Okay not really but still. It's really not that hard... if you have a dollar in your hand and she owes you a quarter... come on!!! A first grader could solve this problem.
Wow! I never get tickets either but probably for an entirely different reason.
The only ticked I ever did get was when I was in high school; 30 in a 25. Obviously I'd done something to piss of this police officer earlier.
As always - the things I did get stopped for but not ticketed were actions for which I legitimately should have been cited. I think that happens a lot; lots of the worst things we do are either unnoticed or unpunished.
Post a Comment