Sunday, May 24, 2009

Barns & Stables

So yesterday this girl I know asked me if I wanted to go to a dance/party and I said sure because I needed to get out and step outside my box and I hadn't spent much time with her in a while. The only condition was that I didn't want to drive. We met up and once we were on the road she gave me the address and I input it into my GPS navigation I did not realize until then that we were going to good ol Fort Collins. Then I regretted not wanting to drive considering it was going to take 2 1/2 hrs to get there. Once put into the GPS and it was loaded it stated our ETA was 9:13pm so I said to her "didn't you say it was over at 10pm?" she said "yes"I said "you do realize that were only going to be there for about an hour and then it would be over." She said "really" I said "yeah, do you still want to go?" she had that look on her face like she really wanted to go and she said "yes" I'm a sucker for that look from people only because I want the other person to be happy.

I said okay but your going to have to drive a little faster so we can get there sooner. It was the longest drive of my life and it took 3 hrs. We were going 30mph in a 75mph due to the rain (I mean her driving) on the highway. She was nervous driving in the rain lol lol I told her she could never drive us anywhere again and that I was driving back.

We arrive at the location and all we saw was a huge blue barn and stables. I was in AWE over the horses there had to be over 30 horses there. I wanted to stay with the horses especially this beautiful white one. Now I'm rambling......

Long story short we were at the wrong barn (O_x) so I made a phone call and we were 1/3 of a mile down the dirt road from the correct barn. We arrived there were a lot of vehicles and there stood the correct blue barn.

I ended up two stepping and doing the chicken dance while laughing my face off during the 1 hour we were there. Even though we spent more time in the car than at the dance I have to admit I had a lot of fun in one hour and there were a lot of Geeks there. I had my eye on this one geek. From the neck up he was hott! Below the neck he was 500% geek and all I could think about was taking him shopping and dressing him so it wasn't so obvious he was a geek. Now, I'm no fashion queen but he needed help. As it turned out this geek worked for the same company I work for go figure what are the chances! He was checking me out also, but since he was a true blood geek there was no way he was going to ask for my number. So I just told him to look me up at work and gave him my secret code name ^_^ Now the ball is in his court!

This is the short version (O^O)

6 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

was that seriously the longest drive in your life?

Pea said...

It was due to the driver driving sooo... slow and hitting the brakes over 100 times. I'm known for taking long drives and road trips. The ride there was torture. I'm use to being in the driver seat on long rides.

Lee Ryan said...

Ahh.

I'm a bad passenger.

The few times I've been in a car for a long time and I wasn't driving - I try to sleep or otherwise ignore what's going on; it would only drive me crazy.

Pea said...

Exactly, I didn't realize how bad of a passenger I was until then. This was my first trip of having someone else drive that was over an hour drive. I drove us home and that was so much better.

Oh yeah, While she was driving she would say out loud the name of every street we would pass or the name of the exits or coming up exits lol lol lol

Andrew Rodriguez said...

Yup, the length of a drive is not so much a factor of time as much as it is a factor of who you are with...

Pea said...

That is so true! Who your with makes a big difference.

Post a Comment